Wednesday, January 9, 2008

RIP Ng Shu Zanne

I'm sorry, Auntie, I said to your mum.

Thank you for coming, she told me with a watery smile.

Her eyes are red, tired.

I felt stupid immediately.

What am I sorry about anyway?

Your mum had just lost you and all I could say was sorry?

I saw that picture of you they put in front of the casket.

Pretty, like you'd always been.

You know, I was always a little envious of you.

You turned heads, and you were smart, popular.

We were never friends, but I guess when you spend 5 years in the same school with someone, you kinda know of each other's existence.

My heart weighs a ton, and I feel this inexplicable loss. And I was never even close to you.

How are you coping, girls? George? Auntie? Uncle?

I cannot imagine the kind of pain they're all going through now. I cannot imagine how much they miss you.

Shu Zanne, we all miss you. Some more than others.

I will see you again. One day.

Rest in peace, Ng Shu Zanne (1983-2008)

2 comments:

tIcKLeMe said...

omg! is she the shu zanne from smsj??! :O

Disco Ball Pixie said...

yeah that's her