Monday, September 15, 2008

Sisterhood of the Travelling Pants 2


I saw The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants 2 last night.

And as everyone knows, I'm a crybaby when it comes to watching movies.

Especially girl power movies like these. Heh.

I first saw The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants about 2 years ago. It made me wish I had girlfriends like them.

Then I thought about it, and realized that I am them.

I'm a little bit of Tibby, because of my formal education in filmmaking. And I'm a sprinkle of Lena (God knows it's not beautiful bit) because I can be so shy it's painful. I was a lot like Carmen, always the wallflower. Perhaps the least like Bridget (seeing that I stopped playing sports completely).

There is something about these girls that drew me to them. They were teenage girls, yes, but maybe they reminded me of the group of friends I had in college. We were always 4, shrieking like hyenas together, very different. Yet, we were good friends.

There is something real about these girls, flesh and blood. The simplicity of Lena being scared of having her heart broken again, the wanderlust that brings Bridget to a land far away, only to return home having discovered a little bit of herself. The secret Tibby kept to herself because she didn't know how to tell the others, the talent hidden deep inside Carmen unleashed.

I've been there before. Way before the sisterhood.

Perhaps, every girl should give this movie a go.

No comments: