Sunday, January 11, 2009

Bara no nai hanaya

I've been in a bit of an idiot box fix lately.

And it's evolved into a JDrama fix.

Bara no nai hanaya literally means "the flower shop without roses".

So this guy, Shiomi Eiji, is a single parent to a very precocious Shizuku. She's 7 or 8 and she takes care of the household expenses. Hahaha.

Anyway, Eiji is a florist with a small shop that shakes every time a train passes. Across the street is a cafe operated by his guarantor, Master (hilarious guy, I'm telling you).

A blind young woman sought shelter from the rain outside his shop one day and he invites her in for some hot tea.

And then, everything changes.

I'm a very bad reviewer, I know.

But watch it for the colorful cast and the fantastic one liners.

"Are you blaming me?"

"Gashi! Gashi!"

Watch it if you feel like laughing through your tears.

No comments: