Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Status: Back at work

And it's one of the strangest things to feel like I don't belong here.

No hiking shoes, no ponytail, no watch, no insect repellant, no mosquito patch, no torch light, no jungle.

It wasn't like I didn't work in an office in the jungle. We had our own office with (somewhat) proper work spaces. We even had a good (not!) copier/printer that traveled all the way from KL. And yes, there was air conditioning.

Has it really been only 3 months that I was away?

It feels like it was a completely different life. Different from when I was here in the city.

And now that I am back in the city, it feels like I had lived this city life before, only it was too long ago to remember.

How did life in the city becomes so messy, so complicated?

Yes, I love the beers and going out and making the effort to look pretty.

But then comes all the issues of money, work and growing up.

Today, I sit at my desk at the production house in the city.

But all I really want to do is to take that 20 minute boat ride into the jungle and complain about the heat.

No comments: