Tuesday, March 6, 2007

Registered!

Many, many things have happened since my birthday.

There are so many pictures and videos I should put up.

But it's so time consuming to edit and all. Heh.

Anyway, here's one to make the numbers.

I can finally vote. Yeah, baby. Picture courtesy of Beng.

A few months back Beng and I were talking politics.

Hah. As if.

No, a few months ago Beng was talking politics. And I brought it up that I missed out on the last election because I was a few months shy of being a registered voter.

So he suggested that we both go to the post office to melaksanakan tanggungjawab sebagai warganegara Malaysia when he comes back from the UK.

Swear on my Shu Uemura eyelash curler, I forgot all about it.

Till one day he came to pick me up and asked where the nearest post office is.

Happily, I directed him there, thinking he had some parcels to send/bills to pay/other stuff to do.

It didn't strike me until we were actually there that I was there to get myself registered as a voter.

Ooooo. Exciting.

It wasn't much of a ceremony. No ribbon cutting and sky writing. No popping of champagne bottles and no solemn handshake, either.

Like the time I got my appendix removed and I went, "That's it?! No drama?"

So, yeah. Beng and I each got this pink slip that certifies us as registered voters.

You will not believe how grown up I feel now =)

No comments: