Wednesday, September 3, 2008

The Kite Runner

A few months ago, my brother sent me some presents for my birthday.

Along with it came a note that read:

Hello Sis!
Here's a more real birthday present! A book! I'm not sure if you have much time to spare, but this ought to be a nice fiction! I hope you enjoy it. Take care of your health--may you enjoy goodness and wholeness always--along with Mum, Dad and Brother!
12.06, 20/3/08
Your Younger Brother
It was The Kite Runner.

I read on my way to Cambodia. I read it while waiting in the airport in Phnom Penh. I read it on the bus ride from Siem Reap.



Sometimes I smiled to myself. But mostly, I found myself brushing stray tears from my eyes.

He was right. I enjoyed it.

For you, a thousand times over.

1 comment:

Srividya said...

Nice blog.
It was just yesterday thst I finished reading The Kite Runner. What a book! Looking forward to A 1000 splendid suns :)