Friday, October 17, 2008

Bridge to Terabithia


Frankly, I was quite disappointed with this movie.

I didn't expect it to be so bland. I paused about 5 times. To get food, toilet break, just to chat with other people.

And people should know that I never pause a movie.

For a movie that encourages people to open up their minds and let their imaginations run free, I'm not sure exactly how wild the imaginations of the producers were.

I mean. Come on. Did you feel any magic?

To cut a long story short, I'll tell it like this.

There was a boy who never had any friends. Then comes the new girl and school and they become fast friends, spending every single day after school together in the woods that they believe are enchanted. One day, he goes to the museum with his teacher/crush and she falls into the river and dies. Boy is heartbroken but discovers that the world is a lot more interesting with an open heart and mind.

The end.

I don't see much depth or layers in this movie.

Quite sadly, I expected a lot more from it.

I can't seem to put my finger on the one thing that's missing. Maybe it's because there's too many missing pieces to tell.

No comments: