Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Na na why don't you get a job?

Many people don't understand what I do for a living.

And many others don't understand why I keep doing what I do because it's what I really want.

So when my brother asked me last night "When are you going to do something more permanent?", the shock was a lot less than the hurt was.

Doesn't he see?

This is permanent.

This is what I want to do.

"So what is your big picture?"

This is my big picture.

Isn't being happy with what you do ultimately the biggest picture of all?

How many people have I met who didn't hate their job but weren't in love with it either?

How many people do I know are contented with climbing the corporate ladder, saving up to buy a car/house and eventually settling down because at the end of the day, their big picture is the same as one billion other people?

I can't say I don't harbor dreams of being richer than I am now and getting a new car/house. Of course, I want to get married someday, too.

Just, you know.

Is it immature to want something else?

What's wrong with traveling?

What's wrong with being a freelancer?

What's not real about what I do?

No comments: